Local development Agency Prozor-Rama is a public company founded in 2015, by local Municipal Council of Prozor-Rama Municipality. Our municipality is located in northern Herzegovina and has 10 thousand inhabitants, with an area of 480 square kilometers.
Since our foundation, in Local development Agency we are working on local tourism, rural development, and other development projects.
Photo 1 – A part of our team
Main goals of our Agency are:
- monitor the priorities in the development of the municipality
- prepare, coordinate and implement projects
- establish partnerships for the implementation of development projects
- creating development strategies
- directing the development of small and medium enterprises
- building cooperation between the public and private sectors, as well as NGO sector.
Photo 2 – Work meeting
Some of our projects are: “Local Environmental Action Plan of the Municipality of Prozor-Rama” (LEAP), “Cycling through Rama”, “Strengthening the tourist visibility of the municipality of Prozor-Rama.” Through these projects, we also worked with youth, which is one of our BC4ESE project’s target groups.
Some of the most important activities with youth were:
- Workshops and forums on environmental protection problems
- Education on “Preparation of project proposals” – for unemployed youth
- Cycling rides with young people from cycling clubs and the Rama rowing center
- Projects for schools – equipping school libraries and sports halls
- Association for Children and Persons with Disabilities – procurement of greenhouses for agricultural production, finding money for a school travel support assistant and other projects
Photo 3 – Interview with young people
Local development Agency Prozor-Rama (as well as the Centre for Vocational Education from Montenegro) isn’t the main leader of any WPs in our BC4ESE project due to our specific role that we have in this project. Our expertise is necessary for the initial research phase of the project, for the development of WP7 (O1 Interactive E-book “Eco-social entrepreneurship analysis: needs, obstacles and good practices”) and corresponding video interviews with the community and young people regarding their needs, societal challenges and obstacles related to environment and ecology, eco-social entrepreneurship, and entrepreneurship skills development.