ADP-Zid is a non-profit organization founded in Podgorica in 1996. ADP-Zid’s vision is a society of equal and responsible citizens oriented towards democracy, social values, and the balanced development of the community.
The mission of the ADP-Zid is to promote and strengthen personal responsibility and active participation of young people, organizations and other stakeholders which the organization achieves through five strategic programs:
- Entrepreneurship and youth employment;
- Innovation and creative industries;
- Housing program;
- Activism and support in the community and
- Counseling and services for citizens.
The organization implements programs and projects aimed at specific target groups, NGOs, start-ups, representatives of creative industries, young entrepreneurs, and all those for whom social services and community development are priority actions.
The motivation of ADP-Zid to become involved in Social Entrepreneurship and establish the social enterprise UpBeat Hub in 2018 is reflected in improving and fostering the development of social entrepreneurship ambient which will bring and open new employment opportunities, enhance the reduction of poverty, and promote the inclusion of the socially disadvantaged groups in the labour market and stimulate innovation among young people.
The Upbeat Hub has 4 work segments:
1) Development of own innovative start-ups based on blockchain technology and sustainable development – so far two innovations have been developed up to the prototype testing stage;
2) Promotion of innovations – 4 two-day UpBeat forums and several meet-ups were held in this area;
3) Event & training center – equipped for all types of online and hybrid gatherings offered to the market to all interested parties. The rental for some courses is set up so that we become partners and not service providers. Partners in the sense of developing one's business or developing a course/training for a specific target group, e.g. a school for pregnant women starting in February 2023. Also, the Event & training center is completely free of charge for all kinds of events for all actors who are focused on community development and who do not have the financial resources to cover these costs.
4) Development of entrepreneurship – in this segment we work with young teams on the development of business ideas, offer co-working space rental and provide training with our own regional team of people from multiple backgrounds with years of experience. Within this segment, the Upbeat Hub offers co-working space at 2 locations in the center of Podgorica with a total of 15 open space positions; Maker space equipped with equipment for digital photography and recording, graphic design, 3D modeling and equipment for making prototypes such as CNC machines and Laser cutter.
So far, UpBeat Hub has been an affiliated partner in two innovative projects:
1) www.childfriendlytourism.com; portal for the offer of tourist services and accommodation that meet the standard of child-friendly tourism. Standards were developed in cooperation with experts, the trademark and intellectual property protection procedure was completed.
2) www.perper.net; a project that has developed a wallet and the first stablecoin on the regional market. This wallet will also enable making payments on a child-friendly platform.
The Upbeat Hub is dedicated to supporting the transformation of the industry by supporting freelancers and creative and cultural industries to work in this direction, as well as developing programs focused on circular economy and reusing, modeling and prototyping services, and supporting and mentoring innovative start-ups. Through the mentioned segments, we are working on the development and gathering of the community of creative industries, but also on the development of a number of services that this community can provide to the business community. We are seeking for the fusion of strengths and ideas that will provide us and our beneficiaries synergy and new opportunities that will transform a plain working day into a creative one in which we all enjoy.
You can always reach us via: